Volunteer with the 2013 Free Tax Campaign
United Way King county and Snohomish county are currently recruiting volunteers for the 2013 tax season! There are many sites available for you to register. Volunteer spaces are limited for each sites, so register early to get the sites that fit you the best. VITA service start on January 15th and ends on April 15th.
VITA registration / information workshops every Tuesday LB2-318, 1:30- 3:30pm through Dec. 4th. (Location update will be send accordingly)
Training starts Dec. 1st!!!Register for a site now!
- Training date and location vary with both King county and Snohomish county, register early for the training session. You will not be able to volunteer for VITA if you do not finish the training and obtain the license before the service start. Pay attention to the last training session available for your local county.
- Remember to submit all the training hours and volunteer hours to BAP before deadline. There are no way for us to find out the hours you commit to VITA unless you submit the training and volunteer log. Check on this link to obtain information of the dealine to submit your hours:
Help hard-working, low-income families keep more of what they earn and save for the future. Through this volunteer opportunity, you will help families and individuals get their taxes done as well as connect them to savings opportunities and public benefits. There are a number of ways you can get involved!
VITA! What it means to us!!
- Experience working in tax
oTax Wise professional software experience
- IRS certification for volunteer training
- All Beta Alpha Psi hours will be meet for the year
oVolunteer hours: at least 60
=New Volunteers: 14-16hrs.
=Returning: 3-5 hrs.
- A 3-5 hour a week commitment to help people in need
Contact Josh Paris, email@example.com if you have any questions.