Newsletter topic stamp This week BAP will host Alumni Panel on March 4th
↪ Scholarships ↪ Opportunity highlight Spott, Lucey & Wall
↪ Opportunity Highlight | Summer Leadership Panel↪ BAP Leadership Applications are now OPEN! ↪ BAP offers Tutoring/Advising Labs
↪ Ongoing community service opportunity “Write to your neighbor” (see below)
↪ Tax assistance program VITA
↪ PCPS George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship & Internship
↪ Wiley 50% discount on review courses, available until 4/30
BAP Offers Tutoring/Advising Labs
The pandemic has decreased the number of volunteer opportunities for BAP candidates and members to earn their volunteer hours. In addition, the pandemic has affected tutoring/advising opportunities for our students because of campus closures at UWB.
The BAP leadership team has decided to address both issues and we need your help!
Students, do you need help with your accounting courses?
BAP has launched a weekly lab for accounting students for tutoring/advising support. If you need help with assignments, questions about courses, and experiences in the program, join a lab session!! Current Juniors and Seniors in the program will help you!
Sessions are on Fridays from 12 – 1 PM
Want to be a tutor/advisor for the weekly BAP Tutoring/Advising Lab?
Are you a BAP candidate/member in need of more community service hours? Sign up to be a tutor/advisor and provide support to other students in the program. The commitment is 1 hour per week, on Fridays from 12 – 1 PM on zoom. We are asking at least one of you to sign up per session.
Please note, to be inducted as a member and then qualify as a BAP Alumni you must fulfill 32 hours for the academic year 2020-2021, reporting final hours is due May 31st, 2021. This includes:
12 professional hours (which can be gained by attending BAP meetings/conferences/events);
12 Community Services hours (tutoring session, VITA, upcoming spring volunteer events)
8 additional hours of either professional or community service.
Sign up here to be a tutor!
Once you have filled out the RSVP forms (students/tutors), click the zoom link below to join the Zoom session on Fridays from 12 – 1 PM.
Ongoing Community Service Opportunity
Neighborly “Write your Neighbor”
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Description: The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the elderly population to quarantine due to their vulnerabilities to the virus. The sustaining presence of friends and family has been told to distance thus leaving our older generation lonely and vulnerable to deteriorating mental health and acuity. As such, Neighborly is requesting individuals to write letters to lift spirits.
- Participation: Club members will receive 0.5 community service hours for each letter sent.
- To participate, please follow these steps:
- See the 7 writing guidelines here (sample letters on “See” tab)
- Make sure to sign your letter with your name (can exclude last name), chapter name (Beta Alpha Psi – Mu Psi Chapter), and school name (University of Washington).
- Email a picture of your completed letters to BAP reporter Mariya Litovchenko at email@example.com to obtain community service hour credit for participation.
- You can put all your letters in 1 mail. Mail your completed letters to: Neighborly 3425 Bannerman Road Suite 105-420 Tallahassee, FL 3231
- If you have any questions, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of North Creek Forest Stewardship Volunteer Opportunities:
- Every first and third Saturdays of the month.
- RSVP on at FRIENDS OF NORTH CREEK FOREST – Home (friendsnorthcreekforest.org). Volunteer slots do fill up fast.
- Fill out the Liability waiver if this is your first time volunteering.
- Wear jeans, old shoes/boots, long socks, and a jacket that will not snag easily, as you will likely be dealing with blackberry bush removal.