Thank you to those who were able to participate in the FALL RECRUITING WORKSHOP tonight! We had a great turnout for our first opening event for the new school year. Students enjoyed learning more about our UWB accounting program and accounting career/recruiting in depth. Thank you Ron Tilden (BAP advisor) and Kirstin Hunt (Career center) for the awesome presentations. And thank you Chris Schmidt (Moss Adams LLP) for sharing your experiences as an alum. There will be more great events coming soon. We look forward to an awesome year with you guys!
Jackie and Alex (in the middle) visited us from Amazon to talk about what they do and how life is like working at Amazon.
Look for more opportunities to network and meet new people at our BAP meetings.
Join us on our next meeting (March 6th) and you will have a chance to listen and talk to our guest speaker from the forensic accounting field!
- LinkedIn is a powerful tool in the professional world. Linking up with our speakers is a good way to network with other professionals. For those of you, like myself, who are unfamiliar with LinkedIn, follow this link to get a better understanding of how LinkedIn works. http://learn.linkedin.com/
- Remember to keep an eye on Husky Jobs for Accounting Job Postings!
- Don’t forget to send thank you notes to the professional speakers!
- Community College Outreach is a great event for the new members to participate! During this event, BAP members will visit local community college accounting classes and conduct a short presentation on the transfer process and how amazing UWB Accounting program is. We just need BAP members to share their experience during the Q&A part after the presentation. Wouldn’t it be great if you had someone from UWB helped you with this process? Now you can be that person! Sign up here at the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.
- Here are some of the topics that were discussed at the last officer meeting: We are working on preparing a spreadsheet to allow members to stay up to date with their BAP hours. We would like to hear from members of fun events they would like to see happen. The officers are looking to branch out and partner up with SPU and host a service or professional event. Are there any companies that members would like to come speak at a professional meeting?
- UW Tacoma’s Milgard School of Business is now offering a Master’s in Accounting degree! This could be a great 5th year option
- We know that many of you are participating in events outside of Beta Alpha Psi. Don’t forget to submit these outside professional or service hours toward your total BAP hours! You can receive up to 5 outside hours for each. Click on the following link to download the Non-BAPHours Form: http://uwbbap.com/service/non-
- If you RSVP for a service event, you must attend!! If an emergency comes up, and you cannot, please let Wendy (firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as you possibly can. Many of these organizations rely on us for the number of volunteers that we tell them will show up.
- Our website is being renovated! Take a moment (or two!) to stop by and check it out. All events, awards, contacts will be updated on a regular basis. Check the website on a regular basis to stay updated!www.uwbbap.com
- Saturday, February 9th – Valentines Day Dash located at Green Lake Park. Starts at 8:00 am to 10:30 am.Please RSVP by Feb. 8th at http://valentinesdaydash-eorg.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Amazon will be presenting to us.
- Saturday, February 23rd – Ronald McDonald service event.
The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination is the most established and recognized professional accounting designation. The benefits include higher salary, increased confidence and competence, and recognition as a member of an elite group of professionals. The opportunities available to a CPA are positions in a government or not-for-profit organization, a public or private company, or an accounting firm. No matter what your career goals are, becoming a CPA can help you achieve them faster.
Gleim Accounting: CPA Exam Review is one of the best resources you can find out there. UWB has renewed their license with Gleim and they have offered us:
- One set of review books to place on reserve in our library
- Use of the CPA Assessment Quiz for our school
- Significant discounts on Gleim CPA Review materials for our students
- Informative booklets provided by Gleim to educate our students about the CPA exam and license