On behalf of Clark Nuber, we are excited to invite UWB BAP students to apply for our First Annual Summer Leadership Event! We feel our full day format will be a wonderful learning experience where each student will walk away with new skills and competencies to aid them in launching a successful career in accounting.
This year’s event will be held at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland at 1200 Carillon Point, Kirkland, WA 98033. Students will have the opportunity to visit with professionals from Clark Nuber at all levels (Associates – Shareholders). We have a full program of engaging speakers and topics, including:
- Networking Skills – How to Stand Out in a Crowd
- Life in a Public Accounting Firm – Panel Discussion
- More Than Forks and Knives – Successful Business Meals
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure – Fraud Prevention
- Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speaking
- How to Find a Good Mentor
We have set the date for Monday, August 5th and will include lunch. A reception will be hosted immediately following the event with hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. Application forms are due by Friday, April 12th. They can be e-mailed or mailed to the firm before this date.
This event is geared towards juniors and seniors that are strongly considering a rewarding career in a mid-size public accounting firm. Students must be able to commit to the full day if they apply. Selections will be made by April 30th and students can expect to receive additional agenda details at that time.
Please contact Lizzie Rahm, Senior Human Resources Generalist, Clark Nuber P.S. for any further inquiries. We are looking forward to hosting this event and are confident they will find the day to be both fun and informative!
Jackie and Alex (in the middle) visited us from Amazon to talk about what they do and how life is like working at Amazon.
Look for more opportunities to network and meet new people at our BAP meetings.
Join us on our next meeting (March 6th) and you will have a chance to listen and talk to our guest speaker from the forensic accounting field!
Do you like working with kids? Do you enjoy arts and crafts? Here is a unique opportunity to do both while immersing yourself in a diverse community: Volunteer at the 2013 Kent Kids’ Arts Day! Get creative and help elementary school students from the Kent School District with a diverse variety of hands-on art projects.
Kent Kids’ Arts Day will be on March 2nd
from 9am-5pm at Kent Commons. A carpool will be created for volunteers.
If you would like to set up carpool, please send an email to email@example.com
You can volunteer for the 9-1 shift, 1-5 shift, or both. This event is limited to 30 volunteers per shift.
Hope you all had an amazing break! We are starting the Winter Quarter off with a meeting on Jan. 9th (details below). Looking forward to an amazing quarter with you all!
UW Tacoma’s Milgard School of Business is now offering a Master’s in Accounting degree! This could be a great 5th year option!
We know that many of you are participating in events outside of Beta Alpha Psi. Don’t forget to submit these outside professional or service hours toward your total BAP hours! You can receive up to 5 outside hours for each. Click on the following link to download the Non-BAPHours Form: http://uwbbap.com/service/non-bap-hours-2/
VITA participants, don’t forget to turn in your training hours. They can be turned in at professional meetings or at Ron Tilden’s office. The deadline to turn in your training hours is February 1st. The form can be downloaded at this link: http://uwbbap.com/service/service-events/vita/ For more information or if you have questions contact Josh Parise at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you RSVP for a service event, you must attend!! If an emergency comes up, and you cannot, please let Wendy (email@example.com) know as soon as you possibly can. Many of these organizations rely on us for the number of volunteers that we tell them will show up.
Our website and Facebook page is being renovated! Take a moment (or two!) to stop by and check it out. All events, awards, contacts will be updated on a regular basis. Check the website on a regular basis to stay updated! www.uwbbap.com & www.facebook.com/uwbbap
- Wednesday, January 9th – Deloitte presentation in room UW1-041 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Attire is business casual. Come 15 minutes early for BAP announcements.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Becker presentation.
- If you know of any student who is interested in Beta Alpha Psi or who would like to receive BAP updates, have them contact Tavia at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- If you would like to receive information about the Roger CPA review course, email Funmi at email@example.com
- If you would like to receive information about the CPA Excel review course, email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like us on Facebook for notifications on professional events!
The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination is the most established and recognized professional accounting designation. The benefits include higher salary, increased confidence and competence, and recognition as a member of an elite group of professionals. The opportunities available to a CPA are positions in a government or not-for-profit organization, a public or private company, or an accounting firm. No matter what your career goals are, becoming a CPA can help you achieve them faster.
Gleim Accounting: CPA Exam Review is one of the best resources you can find out there. UWB has renewed their license with Gleim and they have offered us:
- One set of review books to place on reserve in our library
- Use of the CPA Assessment Quiz for our school
- Significant discounts on Gleim CPA Review materials for our students
- Informative booklets provided by Gleim to educate our students about the CPA exam and license
If you want more information about how to snag such an awesome deal click on this link and check out their cool perks: www.gleim.com/accounting/cpa