11 years of superior status since inception in 2009!
The Mu Psi Chapter is proud to announce the recognition of Superior Status for the 2019-2020 year. Superior Status is a title given to Chapters by the national Beta Alpha Psi organization. This title is a testament to the dedication of our members in the Mu Psi Chapter.
How do we earn superior status?
Active involvement from our members and the events we offer help us achieve Superior Status. The Mu Psi Chapter hosts a variety professional, service, and reaching out events. Professional events include our technical meetings and Meet the Firms. Service events include our community service events. Reaching out activities include the alumni event and initiation dinner.
Do all members play a role in helping achieve superior status?
Absolutely! All our members are essential in regards to Chapter status. Each month, our Chapter reports how active our members have been at the events we hosted. Many of the events we host such as the Alumni Event also require a 25% attendance rate from our members. This is why active involvement from all our members is vital to maintaining this status.
What other status can the Mu Psi chapter earn?
The next goal of the Mu Psi Chapter is to achieve Gold Status. Gold Status was only rewarded to 12 of the 310 Chapters for the 2015-2016 year. To earn this status, our chapter must earn Superior Status two years in a row. This means we must maintain our Superior Status for the 2016-2017 year. During the 2017-2018 year, our Chapter will prepare for the Gold Chapter competition.
Past Best Practices awards
- 3rd Place – Regional Best Practices Competition: Imagination Category
- 1st Place – National Deloitte Best Practices Competition: Dealing With Change – Special Thank You to Earl Winehart American Legion Post 96 and their Board of Trustees.
- 3rd Place – National Ernst & Young Diversity Award
- 1st Place – Northwest Regional Deloitte Best Practices Competition: Dealing With Change
- 3rd Place – National Ernst & Young Diversity Initiatives Award
- 1st Place – Northwest Regional Best Practices Competition: The Accountants Role in a Changing Business Environment (Honorable Mention at Nationals)
- 3rd Place – Northwest Regional Best Practices Competition: Environmental Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- 3rd Place – Northwest Regional Best Practices Competition: Chapter Sustainability
Last Update: 09/18/16