The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a partnership between UWB Beta Alpha Psi; Mu Psi chapter and the IRS. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
Our certified volunteers can assist individual taxpayers in many tax-related areas and activities. Our services include:
- Filing individual Federal and state returns using e-file
- Explaining educational credits and deductions
- Answering FAFSA tax return questions.
Every winter, UW Bothell BAP teams up with United Way of King and Snohomish County. To learn more about BAP VITA, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To get tax filing assistance, click here Free Tax Help | United Way of King County (uwkc.org)
- To become a VITA Volunteer, click here Volunteer for Free Tax Prep | United Way of King County (uwkc.org) Make sure to choose the best time and location as there are several, including the UWB campus.
If you are a VITA volunteer, please be sure to get your professional hours and volunteer hours forms filled out so that you can receive credit for your service.