Thank you to those who were able to participate in the FALL RECRUITING WORKSHOP tonight! We had a great turnout for our first opening event for the new school year. Students enjoyed learning more about our UWB accounting program and accounting career/recruiting in depth. Thank you Ron Tilden (BAP advisor) and Kirstin Hunt (Career center) for the awesome presentations. And thank you Chris Schmidt (Moss Adams LLP) for sharing your experiences as an alum. There will be more great events coming soon. We look forward to an awesome year with you guys!
On behalf of Clark Nuber, we are excited to invite UWB BAP students to apply for our First Annual Summer Leadership Event! We feel our full day format will be a wonderful learning experience where each student will walk away with new skills and competencies to aid them in launching a successful career in accounting.
This year’s event will be held at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland at 1200 Carillon Point, Kirkland, WA 98033. Students will have the opportunity to visit with professionals from Clark Nuber at all levels (Associates – Shareholders). We have a full program of engaging speakers and topics, including:
- Networking Skills – How to Stand Out in a Crowd
- Life in a Public Accounting Firm – Panel Discussion
- More Than Forks and Knives – Successful Business Meals
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure – Fraud Prevention
- Overcoming Your Fear of Public Speaking
- How to Find a Good Mentor
We have set the date for Monday, August 5th and will include lunch. A reception will be hosted immediately following the event with hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. Application forms are due by Friday, April 12th. They can be e-mailed or mailed to the firm before this date.
This event is geared towards juniors and seniors that are strongly considering a rewarding career in a mid-size public accounting firm. Students must be able to commit to the full day if they apply. Selections will be made by April 30th and students can expect to receive additional agenda details at that time.
Please contact Lizzie Rahm, Senior Human Resources Generalist, Clark Nuber P.S. for any further inquiries. We are looking forward to hosting this event and are confident they will find the day to be both fun and informative!
Jackie and Alex (in the middle) visited us from Amazon to talk about what they do and how life is like working at Amazon.
Look for more opportunities to network and meet new people at our BAP meetings.
Join us on our next meeting (March 6th) and you will have a chance to listen and talk to our guest speaker from the forensic accounting field!
- LinkedIn is a powerful tool in the professional world. Linking up with our speakers is a good way to network with other professionals. For those of you, like myself, who are unfamiliar with LinkedIn, follow this link to get a better understanding of how LinkedIn works. http://learn.linkedin.com/
- Remember to keep an eye on Husky Jobs for Accounting Job Postings!
- Don’t forget to send thank you notes to the professional speakers!
- Community College Outreach is a great event for the new members to participate! During this event, BAP members will visit local community college accounting classes and conduct a short presentation on the transfer process and how amazing UWB Accounting program is. We just need BAP members to share their experience during the Q&A part after the presentation. Wouldn’t it be great if you had someone from UWB helped you with this process? Now you can be that person! Sign up here at the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.
- Here are some of the topics that were discussed at the last officer meeting: We are working on preparing a spreadsheet to allow members to stay up to date with their BAP hours. We would like to hear from members of fun events they would like to see happen. The officers are looking to branch out and partner up with SPU and host a service or professional event. Are there any companies that members would like to come speak at a professional meeting?
- UW Tacoma’s Milgard School of Business is now offering a Master’s in Accounting degree! This could be a great 5th year option
- We know that many of you are participating in events outside of Beta Alpha Psi. Don’t forget to submit these outside professional or service hours toward your total BAP hours! You can receive up to 5 outside hours for each. Click on the following link to download the Non-BAPHours Form: http://uwbbap.com/service/non-
- If you RSVP for a service event, you must attend!! If an emergency comes up, and you cannot, please let Wendy (email@example.com) know as soon as you possibly can. Many of these organizations rely on us for the number of volunteers that we tell them will show up.
- Our website is being renovated! Take a moment (or two!) to stop by and check it out. All events, awards, contacts will be updated on a regular basis. Check the website on a regular basis to stay updated!www.uwbbap.com
- Saturday, February 9th – Valentines Day Dash located at Green Lake Park. Starts at 8:00 am to 10:30 am.Please RSVP by Feb. 8th at http://valentinesdaydash-eorg.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Amazon will be presenting to us.
- Saturday, February 23rd – Ronald McDonald service event.
Hope you all had an amazing break! We are starting the Winter Quarter off with a meeting on Jan. 9th (details below). Looking forward to an amazing quarter with you all!
UW Tacoma’s Milgard School of Business is now offering a Master’s in Accounting degree! This could be a great 5th year option!
We know that many of you are participating in events outside of Beta Alpha Psi. Don’t forget to submit these outside professional or service hours toward your total BAP hours! You can receive up to 5 outside hours for each. Click on the following link to download the Non-BAPHours Form: http://uwbbap.com/
VITA participants, don’t forget to turn in your training hours. They can be turned in at professional meetings or at Ron Tilden’s office. The deadline to turn in your training hours is February 1st. The form can be downloaded at this link: http://uwbbap.com/service/
If you RSVP for a service event, you must attend!! If an emergency comes up, and you cannot, please let Wendy (firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as you possibly can. Many of these organizations rely on us for the number of volunteers that we tell them will show up.
Our website and Facebook page is being renovated! Take a moment (or two!) to stop by and check it out. All events, awards, contacts will be updated on a regular basis. Check the website on a regular basis to stay updated! www.uwbbap.com & www.facebook.com/uwbbap
- Wednesday, January 9th – Deloitte presentation in room UW1-041 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Attire is business casual. Come 15 minutes early for BAP announcements.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Becker presentation.
- If you would like to receive information about the Becker CPA review course, email Aaron at email@example.com.
- If you know of any student who is interested in Beta Alpha Psi or who would like to receive BAP updates, have them contact Tavia at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- If you would like to receive information about the Roger CPA review course, email Funmi at email@example.com
- If you would like to receive information about the CPA Excel review course, email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Like us on Facebook for notifications on professional events!